PRIVACY NOTICE OF D. BEZONA & COMPANY INSURANCE SERVICES INC.
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of D. Bezona & Company Insurance Services Inc.™(“DBC”) privacy policies and procedures. We protect your non public personal information (“NPI”) from disclosures that are not allowed by law or restricted or disallowed in this Privacy Notice. DBC gives this Notice as a service to all valued customers and to comply with the requirements of the law. This Notice describes how DBC collects, discloses and protects the personal information we gather about you. We may materially change our privacy policies and procedures, and if we do we will notify you before we make the changes.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
NPI We Collect
We collect any information that is provided to us through the completion of the following forms:
- Enrollment forms
- Beneficiary designation/assignment forms
- Claim forms
- Any other form necessary to effect coverage, administer coverage, or assist
administration of a claim.
- Any information from others that is necessary for us to complete a transaction
our customer or client.
- Any information that our customer or client authorizes us to collect from others.
The information collected can include name, Social Security number, address, date of birth, phone number, marital status, gender, dependent information, bank account information and employment information. While this list is not exhaustive it should give you an idea of the types of information we are referring to in this notice.
NPI We Disclose
- We do not share any of the above-described NPI about our current or former customers or clients with anyone unless allowed by law, such as for completing a requested transaction, and/or if authorized by our customer.
- For various business reasons, we may need to provide our customer and client's NPI to others, including an insurance company, third-party administrator, employer or plan sponsor. These disclosures may be made to others for the purpose of performing administrative services on our behalf, helping us administer or review coverage, or as requested by a governmental agency.
We do not share any of our customer or client's health information unless allowed by applicable law and/or the customer or client has provided us the appropriate authorization.
Confidentiality and Security of NPI
- We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of your NPI.
- We assess the integrity of our systems through auditing, monitoring and data management processes.
- We have policies to direct and procedures to limit access of a customer's information.
- Our employees are trained on how to keep our customer's information safe.
Your Right to Access, Copy Review and Request Correction of NPI
You have the right to access, copy review and request correction of any NPI in our possession. You must make this request in writing. Please send such requests to our privacy officer at 50 Old Courthouse Square, Suite 310, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.